Quality of Life
The Missouri CORE region boasts a nationally recognized quality of life. A brief overview includes:
- Jefferson City, Missouri’s capital city was recently ranked by the website Impulcity as No. 8 on its list of the 19 most beautiful small towns in America.
- Fulton has been listed in USA Today as one of “Ten Great Places to Discover Midwest Charm” and visitors frequently comment that Fulton has so much more to offer than they ever knew. The city, located in the heart of Callaway County, was also voted “The 4th Best Place to Live in Rural America” by Progressive Farmer Magazine.
- Columbia, home of the University of Missouri, offers a unique blend of small town and big city offers a small-town feel and friendliness with big-city service and amenities – more than 200 restaurants (many of them uniquely local), shopping, galleries, entertainment, and more. You can almost always find live music playing in The District, where you can also catch a comedy show, an independent film, and sample local beer.
- Mexico is an extraordinary community with a small-town feel and big-city convenience. The city’s safe neighborhoods, 13 parks, and outdoor recreational facilities make Mexico a great place to work or play. Other attractions include the Presser Performing Arts Center, which provides an array of art education from art, dance, film music, photography, theatre, and writing.
- Boonville offers scenic views, aquatic center, golf course, sport shooting, casino, barn quilts, wineries, athletic fields, parks, farmers market, unique shops and restaurants, sport and recreational facilities, plantations, Budweiser Clydesdale breeding farm, historic jail & hanging barn, burial mound, museums and interpretive sites, national historic trails and so much more. Throughout the year an array of cultural events– plays, concerts, theatre, music jams and festivals, art workshops, wine walks—provide educational and leisurely activities for our area.
Sports and Entertainment
- Mizzou Sports
- Professional and community theater, orchestras and concerts
- Outlet malls
- Great restaurants
- Isle of Capri Casino
- Historical Museums
- True/False Film Festival
- Roots & Blues BBQ Festival
Excellent Recreational Opportunities
- Lake of the Ozarks-1,100 miles of shoreline
- An extensive Katy Trail biking network
- Hunting, fishing, hiking
- Sailing, boating
To learn more, visit any or all of the following chamber of commerce sites: Jefferson City – Cole County, Columbia – Boone County, Fulton – Callaway County, Mexico – Audrain County, Boonville – Cooper County.